What is the difference between my Fund Benefits and my medical benefits?

Fund Benefits vs. Medical Benefits

We realize that it’s very confusing to figure out who handles what when it comes to your benefits. The first thing you need to know is that the Fund is not a County or a Union department. This is one of the reasons why we are unable to “transfer” your call to the right department when we can’t help you with your medical questions. The Fund covers your dental, optical and legal needs directly as well as the Survivors Benefit and Bereavement Benefit. The Fund is secondary for your hearing aid and reimburses prescription co-pays according to our schedule. When you have questions regarding doctors, your prescription/medical card, where to file a medical claim, information about your end-of-the-year prescription statement or any other medical information you need to call Employee Benefits at the department of Civil Service at 631-853-4866.